Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Politi-Score: Angie's List Left

Last January I did a post in which I looked at Bryan White's Grading PolitiFact series of criticisms which he believes establishes a "preponderance of anecdotal evidence" of PolitiFact's liberal bias.  The title of my particular post was "Does Lou Lou do More Doo Doo" because, as I noted in the piece, Bryan has never given a "grade" to PolitiFact's writer Louis Jacobson any higher than an F.  Indeed, it appears he looks at more PolitiFact rulings by Jacobson than anyone else, although my count at the time revealed that Louis Jacobson was tied overall with Robert Farley at 23 rulings each, while Angie Drobnic-Holan came in second with 18 rulings reviewed.

Starting this year in my "counts" I decided to include the writer in order to calculate a Politi-Score by PolitiFact writer.  The quarterly results offered a slight surprise:  it may be that Bryan is not looking at the right person.  Lou Lou doesn't do the do do as much as Angie does (if there's to be a suspicion of liberal bias), according to the Politi-Score:

Click to enlarge.
This is roughly 100 rulings: Farley and Holan did one quarter each, and Jacobson did the other half.  The Politi-Scores tell a story, however, with Angie Drobnic-Holan giving Democrats a very high (the highest of all three) Politi-Score of 63 compared to her two PolitiFact National co-workers.

At this point, all this tells me is I need to continue compiling results for the writers to get a larger sampling of rulings, which would give more validation to this result.  If I have the time I may go back and compile them for 2010.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment