| Dreaming of a Michele anniversary gift |
Recently I posted about Mitt Romney's 47% remarks, saying it might be the game changer and even though it was rated "True" by PolitiFact, it might be considered a candidate for Lie of the Year...unless, as I said "...Obama could make his own big gaffe" which would reverse Romney's course following that statement. Well did he ever. I got up Thursday morning hoping the first debate had just been a bad dream. But I did enjoy SNL's take on it, which was just about the whole show.
But life must go on and it's time again to look at the Truth Index trend line for Romney and Obama. It hasn't changed much (unlike the polls), so I thought I might add something to show what appears to be the "Truth Index trend" for presidential candidates during their campaigns, i.e., the Truth Index of 2008 Republican presidential candidate John McCain. We see how all three candidates had slipping Truth Indexes as their campaigns went on. In my last post on this, and as can be seen in the chart below, Romney had a higher Truth Index than Obama until after he announced his candidacy in 2011, after which it deteriorated substantially.
| Click to enlarge: All 3 candidates' Truth Index fell off during the campaign period |
This chart represents 427 rulings for Obama (which may explain why his Truth Index has not fallen as much in 2012), 183 for Romney, and 169 for McCain, from about June of 2007 to present. Today Obama's Truth Index has bumped down a bit to a positive 11.48, and Romney is at a negative 16.12. John McCain's Truth Index, most of his rulings from the 2007-8 period, is a negative 8.88, roughly half that of Romney based on a similar quantity of rulings. For what it's worth, looking at the infamous "Pants on Fire" factor on an individual basis, Pants on Fire were assigned nearly three times as much to Romney than Obama (PoF 3.86), and twice as much to McCain than Obama (PoF 1.97).
No comments:
Post a Comment