PolitiFact was supposedly going to publish something more ("next week" as I recall) on how the part of its new Mobile App, the Truth Index, which it described as the "Dow Jones Industrial Average of truth", was calculated. At least that was the impression I got from its announcement of this app. However, now it appears that particular article has been withdrawn. I've been waiting for this explanation, because frankly it isn't apparent to me how it works. But I will keep working on it.
For example, it said something about "a seven days average of the previous rulings" but I don't know if that's in total (a rolling average) or the total just for that period. But the large variances don't coincide with a rolling average. Maybe PolitiFact will eventually "tell" me.
Postscript: A few hours after this was posted, PolitiFact published an article "PolitiFact App Now Available for iPhone" ostensibly to replace the article lifted.
Postscript: A few hours after this was posted, PolitiFact published an article "PolitiFact App Now Available for iPhone" ostensibly to replace the article lifted.
No comments:
Post a Comment